Since its founding 80 years ago by the Sisters of Mercy, Mount Mercy University has been many things: a girls’ academy for training young teachers and nurses, a two-year college for women, a four-year coed liberal arts college, and now a full university. But we’ve never lost sight of our founding mission: to provide a career-launching, life-affirming education in service of the common good.
The more than 1,600 men and women who make up our student body come from all over Iowa and the world. They choose Mount Mercy for our small, hands-on classes, meaningful faculty interaction, vibrant student life and our commitment to leadership and compassionate service.
- Baccalaureate and Graduate education
- Sponsored by the Conference for Mercy Higher Education
Bachelor of Applied Arts, Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Applied Science, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Master of Arts in Education
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Master of Science in Nursing
- More than 40 majors in 8 academic departments
- Accelerated program for working adults seeking a Bachelor’s degree.
- 15 varsity athletic teams and numerous intramural opportunities
- More than 40 clubs and organizations